Hello. We’re Au Pair in America. A friendly team based in London with a passion for travel and different cultures. Our job is to help young people experience the world through cultural exchange. This means we need a great group of people to help with each step of the journey. After all – we’re here to make travel dreams come true!
We’re excited to be expanding our vibrant and multicultural team, and currently have some new vacancies. Intrigued? Read on to find out more.
A bit about us…
Au Pair in America is one of 7 divisions of the American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS). We have offices in the USA, Germany, Poland & Australia and collectively our mission is ‘We bring the World Together’, a mission dedicated to achieving positive social outcomes through global outreach.
We recruit au pairs from 60 different countries, who are keen to experience a year living life in America. We do this by working closely with a network of international partners across the world.
Our au pairs spend a minimum of 12 months living with a host family. Their role is to help take care of the children and in return they receive accommodation, food and weekly pocket money. During their stay in the USA, the au pair will also get to study, travel and truly experience living life in America.
We are proud to say that we were the first US J1 au pair sponsor to be designated by the US Department of State in 1986! Which is one of the many reasons we are the most trusted and recognised US au pair program in the world.
We are currently hiring for the 4 different roles below.
- Applications Assistant – Would suit an ex au pair with an understanding of our application process but this isn’t a requirement.
- Finance Assistant – A love of numbers, reports and spreadsheets is a must (calculator provided).
- IT Assistant – You like to problem solve, think outside the box and improve system processes.
- Placements Assistant – You’re a real life travel checklist! This means you’re organised, great with a to-do list, and super helpful.
To apply for any of these roles you will need:
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and managing your priorities – can you multitask and smile at the same time?
- Attention to detale and supper organised (see what we did there? If yes, carry on reading)
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written. A pleasant telephone manner will get you a long way!
- To be comfortable working independently – experience of working within a close-knit team for the Finance and IT roles in particular will be an advantage
- Positive attitude – always
- A team player approach – you must be willing to jump in and support the team effort plus take on new tasks as and when needed
- General office skills including experience of using Excel, Word and Outlook
- If you can speak any other languages – Hallo, Hola, Bonjour, Olá, Ciao to you! We would love to know about it.
Salary, Benefits & Details:
- The position is full-time Monday to Friday with a one-hour lunch break
- Salary based on skills & experience
- Annual bonus
- Travel opportunities
- Private medical insurance & pension scheme
- Staff social activities and wellness program
- The successful candidate will need to possess the legal rights to live and work in the UK
- We are willing to discuss a relocation package for anyone who would need to move closer to London in order to fulfil one of these roles
- Probation period of 6 months
How to Apply: Please send a current CV and covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is 14 March 2022.
Applicants must be able to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
AIFS UK Ltd is committed to building and sustaining an inclusive, diverse, and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, nationality, ethnic or national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We make recruitment decisions based on applicants’ skills, experience and knowledge, and ensure all applicants are treated equitably.