Hello. We’re Au Pair in America. A friendly team based in London with a passion for travel and different cultures. Our job is to help young people experience the world through cultural exchange. This means we need a great group of people to help with each step of the journey. After all – we’re here to make travel dreams come true!
We’re excited to be expanding our vibrant and multicultural team, and currently have a new vacancy. Intrigued? Read on to find out more.
A bit about us…
Au Pair in America is one of 7 divisions of the American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS). We have offices in the USA, Germany, Poland & Australia and collectively our mission is ‘We bring the World Together’, a mission dedicated to achieving positive social outcomes through global outreach.
We recruit au pairs from 60 different countries, who are keen to experience a year living life in America. We do this by working closely with a network of international partners across the world.
Our au pairs spend a minimum of 12 months living with a host family. Their role is to help take care of the children and in return they receive accommodation, food and weekly pocket money. During their stay in the USA, the au pair will also get to study, travel and truly experience living life in America.
We are proud to say that we were the first US J1 au pair sponsor to be designated by the US Department of State in 1986! Which is one of the many reasons we are the most trusted and recognised US au pair program in the world.
We are currently hiring a Business Support Assistant.
The Business Support Assistant will play an important role within the Business Support Team in supporting the Finance and IT Manager deliver system improvements that increase business efficiency and create competitive advantage. Based in the London office, the job holder supports the Au Pair in America team and also has close liaison with the London Systems Team.
To apply for this role you will need:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to operate independently and as a member of a small, close-knit team.
- Prior office experience preferred.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and amidst ever-changing operational circumstances.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written including a competent command of the English language and a pleasant telephone manner.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Initiative and willingness to help with additional tasks as and when required.
- Team player with the ability to build rapport and understanding at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail (essential) and a methodical, pragmatic approach.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good standard of education.
- General office skills including experience of using Excel, Word and Outlook.
Position responsibilities include:
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of APiA business processes within each area (Applications, Placement, Marketing, etc).
- Providing day-to-day support for the APiA business, assessing and identifying new system requirements and logging these in our internal project management system ‘Jira’.
- Managing expectations of the team regarding the development timeframes and workarounds required until completion.
- Filtering and assessing APiA systems bugs before logging them in Jira, ensuring examples and screenshots are included.
- Effectively communicating any systems changes that the APiA team require to the Business Analyst (BA) to ensure requirements are understood.
- Reviewing BA documentation of new developments (user stories) putting forward further requirements as required.
- Contributing to sprint planning meetings and tracking progress while testing and providing feedback that enables deadlines to be met.
- Contributing to the analysis, design, build and implementation project phases as appropriate.
- Liaising with the APiA Stamford office to ensure any joint system requirements they have are communicated effectively within the team and requirements assessed and discussed before logging in Jira.
- Working with the Business Systems Manager (BSM) to review priorities, monitor progress and test, raising any urgent bug fixes.
- Providing training to team members after a release to ensure new features are being used to their maximum potential.
- Co-ordinating systems releases with the BA and BSM to ensure minimal disruption to the team.
Salary, Benefits & Details:
- The position is full-time Monday to Friday with a one-hour lunch break
- Salary based on skills & experience
- Annual bonus
- Travel opportunities
- Private medical insurance & pension scheme
- Staff social activities and wellness program
- The successful candidate will need to possess the legal rights to live and work in the UK
- We are willing to discuss a relocation package for anyone who would need to move closer to London in order to fulfil one of these roles
- Probation period of 6 months
How to Apply:
Please send a current CV and covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com
The application deadline is Friday, August 5th, 2022.
Applicants must be able to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
AIFS UK Ltd is committed to building and sustaining an inclusive, diverse, and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, nationality, ethnic or national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We make recruitment decisions based on applicants’ skills, experience and knowledge, and ensure all applicants are treated equitably.