We’re Au Pair in America. A friendly team based in London with a passion for travel and different cultures. Our job is to help young people experience cultural exchange, which also includes helping them with the placement and pre-departure process. If you’d like to be involved in this process, keep reading!
We’re looking for a Placement & Administration Assistant to join our Placements Team in our London head office.
- Contribute to achievement of APIA annual Applications and Arrivals targets
- Preparing and compiling visa packs, printing all necessary materials and ensuring there is always a stock pile available
- Preparing, sending and tracking visa pack mailings
- Work closely with the Placement Manager, with our overseas partners, Au Pairs and APIA Stamford team on placement confirmations and placement changes
- Providing support to Placement Manager on Pre-Departure compliance including visa updates and Pre-Departure Orientation Training
- Providing shared, out of hours emergency contact support for departing au pairs on a rotating basis with other Placement team colleagues
- Other general placement duties in the department as required
- Providing cover for Placement Manager as required
- Handling of incoming, outgoing and internal mail
- Managing the department’s printing and office stationery needs including interface with suppliers as appropriate
- Managing departmental archiving
- Updating overseas partner contact information and mailing lists
- Maintenance and monthly tidying up of office materials and stationery room plus kitchen supplies
- Monitoring and making sure that the annual leave database and HR system is up to date
- Processing departmental invoices for signature and maintaining spreadsheet of expenditure
- Other general office and administrative duties in the APIA department
- Covering AIFS QG reception as required
- Good standard of education
- General office skills including experience of using Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written including a competent command of the English language and a pleasant telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail (essential), flexibility and the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Initiative and willingness to help with additional tasks as and when required
- Awareness of, and interest in different cultures
- Have been an au pair abroad or have participated in a cultural exchange programme abroad
- Able to speak and understand an additional language
This position is full-time and will be based in our London head office. The successful candidate will need to possess the legal rights to live and work in the UK.
READY TO APPLY?
To apply, please send a current CV and covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to SMolnar@aupairamerica.co.uk
The application deadline is Friday 31st January 2020