Three months into her year in the USA, Jessika is experiencing one of the most magical seasons of the year… Holiday Season! Find out what her new FAVE holiday is and what her au pair experience has made her grateful for…
“Sometimes getting out of our comfort zone, experiencing new things, falling and getting up without being afraid to move on can bring us inexplicable things. Things that would not happen if I was not here.”
I have now completed three months here in USA and I could list thousands of things which I am grateful for because of this experience. One of the best things that I’ve experienced over the last month is Thanksgiving! Here in the United States, Thanksgiving is celebrated in November, full table with turkey, salad, mashed potatoes and other American delicacies. Family and friends come together to celebrate and give thanks for everything they have done during the year. Thanksgiving has become one of my favourite commemorative dates here in the United States.
Whilst we’re on the subject of favourite commemorative dates I have to tell you about Halloween! My costume was the Mad Hatter from the story Alice in Wonderland. I had so much fun “trick or treating”. I am so grateful to be here and experience the American culture and to be more enchanted every day by constantly learning something new.
Coming back to the question that I gave to this blog post, “What are you thankful for?”
- I am grateful for the force that led me to be here and that never let me give up on my dreams
- I am grateful for my family in Brazil, primarily because of the wonderful mother I have and how they’ve all supported me in everything I do
- I am grateful for all my friends
- I am grateful to have an incredible host family, I will never stop thanking them for choosing me to be their au pair
- I am grateful for everything I have experienced since the first day I arrived here
- I am grateful to be able to share my journey with you all
Sometimes getting out of our comfort zone, experiencing new things, falling and getting up without being afraid to move on can bring us inexplicable things. Things that would not happen if I was not here.
A simple thank you seems too small for all that I have experienced so far in my Au Pair in America journey, but for now that’s what I am, thankful… and that’s how I’ll continue to be.
Thank you for reading! See you next month!